Choosing Capt. Chris Johnson and SeaSquared Charters in Marathon Florida Keys can mean the difference between fishing and catching!
A fishing trip that’s both fun and successful for you and your family is our highest priority!
When you fish with SeaSquared Charters, you will use high quality tackle and gear that is always maintained in excellent condition. Captain Chris fishes with both live and dead baits as well as various artificial baits. His policy is to take more bait with him than he’ll actually use.
We have a multitude of fishing venues just minutes from our dock. Captain Chris selects the best one for the day’s fishing based on what you’re looking to catch along with the weather conditions.
Rates for 2013
- Half Day Reef/Wreck or Bay (4 hours) $600
- Three Quarter Day Reef/Wreck or Bay (6 hours) $750
- Three Quarter Day Offshore Dolphin/Tuna (6 hours) $900
- Full Day Reef/Wreck or Bay (8 hours) $850
- Full Day Offshore Dolphin/Tuna (8 hours) $1,000
- Full Day Far Gulf 35+ Miles (9 hours) $1,400
- Florida Keys Shark Fishing Adventure (4 hours) $600
Dinner and a Show
Combo Snapper/Grouper Fishing and Shark Fishing Adventure
- Three Quarter Day (6 hours total) $750
- Full Day (8 hours total) $850
- Tarpon (4 hours)/Seven Mile Bridge $500
- Tarpon (4 hours)/Bahia Honda Bridge $550
What Is Included
Prices include fuel. SeaSquared Charters has NO fuel surcharge!
Prices cover up to 6 anglers and include all fishing licenses, bait, tackle, rods, reels, ice, fish cleaning, FUN and photos of your Florida Keys fishing adventure!
SeaSquared Charters has NO hidden costs! You know exactly the cost of your Florida Keys fishing charter before you leave the dock.
Prices are valid for trips through October 31, 2013. Due to the volatility of fuel and bait costs, all prices are subject to change without notice.
Standard 20% gratuity to the Captain and crew is a welcome reward for hard work and great results.
SeaSquared Charters is happy to accommodate split charters whenever possible. Based on experience, we tend to limit split charters to no more than 2 parties (total of 4 anglers) and a half day trip. Each angler is responsible for his or her equal share of the charter cost and, as always, standard gratuities are appreciated.
If you are planning a fishing trip to the Florida Keys and think a split fishing charter is something you’re interested in, just drop us an email. We’ll put you on our list and do our very best to hook you up!
How to Book Your Charter
When you have your dates in mind for fishing, just give us a call at 305-743-5305 and Christy will get all the necessary information.
A MC or VISA reserves your charter. We do not charge your card a single dime – not even a deposit – until after your trip. If you’d like to use another form of payment at that time, that’s just fine with us.
It’s a good idea to book your charter before you arrive in Marathon as our calendar gets filled very quickly. We would not want you to be disappointed. We are always flexible with shifting charters around to accommodate weather conditions.
Once you have booked your charter with Christy, she will send you an email confirmation with complete details.
The Captain has the final say as to whether or not the trip will leave due to inclement weather. We always try to move your charter to another day, depending on our schedule and yours. If we are forced to cancel altogether due to weather or mechanical failure, you incur zero cost.
If, on the other hand, you choose to cancel within 14 days of your scheduled trip, you will incur a $200 cancellation fee. If you cancel within 48 hours of your trip, or you do not show up for your scheduled trip, you will be charged the full amount of your charter.
What to Bring
- Bring whatever you’d like to eat and drink while on board. We recommend plenty of bottled water. We have extra room for a small cooler up to 48 quarts for your provisions. If you bring a cooler, please be sure you have ice.
- If you choose to bring beer or wine, please be sure it is in cans or plastic rather than glass containers.
- If you are prone to seasickness, take one of the standard remedies according to the package directions.
- Bring a cooler for your fish, but leave it in the car until we get back to the dock.
What to Wear
- Shorts, t-shirts and flip flops are the standard attire for most of the year.
- Wear boat shoes or sneakers if you prefer.
- In cooler weather, you may prefer long pants, long sleeve shirts and sneakers.
- Dress in layers. You can always take things off, but you can’t put on what you don’t have with you.
- Hats and sunglasses will protect you from the sun. Polarized sunglasses will aid in seeing the fish in the water.
- The Florida Keys sun is strong year round. Be sure to bring sun screen and lip balm and use them both!
What NOT to Bring
- DO NOT bring any GPS-enabled devices. If you do, they will be collected by the Captain and stored for the duration of your trip.
- DO NOT bring firearms, illegal drugs or hard alcohol.
Seamen are a superstitious bunch, and Florida Keys charter captains are no exception.
There are a number of historic explanations for the no-bananas superstition, but here’s our favorite …
In the early 1700’s, during the height of Spain’s South Atlantic and Caribbean trading empire, ships loaded with bananas found their crewmen dying suddenly and mysteriously. It turned out a species of spider with a lethal bite liked to hide in bunches of bananas. The crewmen slept on top of the bunches and would be bitten in their sleep, never to wake again.
So, please, leave your bananas behind when you fish with SeaSquared Charters!
Believe it or not, some Florida Keys charter boats do not allow you to keep your fish. While it’s certainly a ton of fun to catch the fish, it’s a real blast when you get to eat it too!
With SeaSquared Charters, you keep 100% of the fish you catch!
Once back at the dock, Captain Chris will clean and fillet your fish for you and provide storage bags for you to transport it in your cooler.
Pack and Ship Your Fish
SeaSquared Charters also provides pack-and-ship service to eliminate the cost and hassle of flying or driving with your fish.
During the winter season when the mackerel are abundant, we will smoke your fish and ship it home for you to enjoy with family and friends. We’ll even throw in our world-famous SeaSquared Super Secret Smoked Fish Dip recipe!
The True Keys Experience: Cook-Your-Catch
There’s nothing finer than dining on really fresh Florida Keys fish, made even better when you’re the one who did the catching! There are many fine restaurants in Marathon where you can enjoy cook-your-catch.
As you plan your Florida Keys Fishing Adventure and your Marathon Florida Keys Vacation, we offer this additional information…
If you have any questions prior to your trip, or if there’s anything we can do to help make your stay in Marathon as enjoyable as possible, please give us a call at (305) 743-5305 or click to be redirected to our handy CONTACT FORM.
We thank you for choosing SeaSquared Charters and look forward to having you aboard!
Capt. Chris and Christy Johnson
USCG Licensed and Insured
Call SeaSquared Charters TODAY to Book Your
Florida Keys Fishing Adventure!
Click for our handy CONTACT FORM
Please visit all our websites: